- Quick start
- General configuration
- News sitemap
- Images sitemap
- Pages and posts
- Categories and tags
- Change log
Wordpress Quick Start Guide
You can get started for free and try the plugin.
Firstly you need to fill in your email address and website address to download the plugin. We’ll then email you a download link.Download Plugin
Once you have downloaded the plugin zip file, go to the wordpress plugin options, upload and activate the XML Sitemap Generator plugin. More detailed install instructions be found in our Installation guide
Once activated you should end up on the general settings page.
You can leave these as default or edit them as you see fit. More help on these settings can be found on the configuration guide.
Your sitemap should now be up and running.
- The plugin will automatically add your sitemap and ping Google / Bing if you enable this option.
- We also recommend you register for search console/webmaster tools.
- You can find out more on our publishing and notifying search engines page.
Our plugin is th emost advanced when it comes to flexibiity of use. While the defaults get you up and running out of the box, the real power comes from the ability to:
- add images to your sitemap,
- add a news sitemap,
- edit your sitemap by tag/category,
- per page / post sitemap editing.
We recommend you spend some time exploring our help section to learn about the full capabilities of the plugin.
Viewing your sitemaps
You can novigate to them from the side menu.
For the plugin to work correctly it is important that your permalink settings are correct and NOT set to plain.